Time for a fresh start
Here we are at the beginning of a new season. Until a couple of weeks ago, spring wasn’t even in sight. Despite that, with just a few days of sun and warmer temperatures, it has sprung – just in time. The crab apple tree outside my office window sprouted its short-lived flowers as it always does. Early lilacs and tulips have made their appearance right on schedule. The birds are in full song just as they should be.
This is my segue to introduce this eNews that you’re receiving for the first time. Like this spring, it feels like it has been a long time coming – and not a moment too soon. With Canada’s new Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) coming in effect as of July 1, I wanted to be sure to reach out to you at this time. Once CASL is in place, Canada will have some of the toughest laws in the world related to spam and other threats through electronic media. I have been working with eTouchServices to develop some articles and a helpful checklist on this topic. eTouch has teamed up with privacy lawyer and CASL expert Brian Bowman to offer a CASL webinar on June 24. A special discount rate has been extended to MightyWrite eNews clients.
The Canadian Chamber also has some information available on what you need to know before July 1.
This is the kind of information I hope to bring to you regularly through the monthly Mighty eNews.
I’m a writer at heart, a researcher by nature and a business owner by choice. I am always asking questions and seeking answers for issues facing business clients in the work I do for them. That’s the basis of the trusting relationships I have with my clients and colleagues.
You are receiving this eNews because we’ve trusted each other in some way. That might be by working together or through a business or social connection with me or my partner Michael. We might have just met through our new company MightyWrite or in the past with Dezine Source (see Breaking up). Our hope is that you will stay with us as we send useful and relevant content to you on topics related to business, content, media and marketing.
I promise that future articles will not be all about us
In the interest of trust and transparency I wanted to give some context to what you’ll be seeing in our eNews. More than anything we want to be of value to you. We want to hear your stories, what’s important to you, and what you want to hear from us.
You can expect:
- VALUE through ideas and information that you can use in your business.
- AUTHORITY on topics we’re knowledgeable about.
- CASE STUDIES of our work with people like you and the problems we helped solve.
- LATEST NEWS about changes in the marketplace that provide new opportunities for you to tell your stories.
- COMMUNITY by sharing your stories and the stories of others for the benefit of the group.
- CONNECTION to what some of the best bloggers, marketers and our colleagues around the world are saying and doing.
- LESSONS LEARNED from our experience and knowledge in content, strategy, media, marketing and business.
- RESPONSE to what you have to contribute.
- UNDERSTANDING through attention to your feedback and questions.
- COMMITMENT to do what matters. Make it so you would miss us if we were gone.
We’d love to hear from you through comments or if you would prefer send me an answer to the question: What is the #1 challenge you have when it comes to getting your story to your audiences?
We hope you’ll stay with us on this journey. We promise to make it matter.
We should all care enough to work this way
The incomparable Seth Godin (who I recently heard live and wrote about at Copyblogger Authority Intensive 2014) sums it up best in this blog post: “…practice alone doesn’t produce work that matters. No, that only comes from caring. From caring enough to leap, to bleed for the art, to go out on the ledge, where it’s dangerous. When we care enough, we raise the bar, not just for ourselves, but for our customer, our audience and our partners.”